Bharathiyar College of Education offers B.Ed course.
The following subjects are offered in our College.
The B.Ed., programmes aims at making the teachers acquire relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes in Pedagogical Methods and preparing teachers to become role models in class rooms to be an instrument for building productive human capital in our country to face the challenges of globalization.
A candidate shall be eligible for admissions to the course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) provide:
1. The candidates who have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed the X and XII examination conducted by the respective state Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/Examination and UG Degree examination of the UGC approved Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Second-ary/Higher Secondary Education level.
2. Candidates who have passed the UG or PG degree in Open University Sys-tem without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of pre univer-sity Course (PUC) examination or 10+2 pattern of school education examina-tion shall not be considered for admission.
3. However, candidates not qualified in XII examination or PUC but possessing Two Years Bachelor Preparatory Programme Certificate/Two Years Foundation Course Certificate/Two Years Diploma Course conducted by State Govern-ment/recognized Universities and qualified with three years UG Degree course are also considered to be eligible for admission.
4. Candidates who have studied more than one main subject in Part III (under Double/Triple Major System) of UG Degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that Optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks stipulated in item.
5. Candidates who have passed under Double Degree Programme / Additional Degree Programme with less than three years of duration are not eligible for admission.
6. Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such case, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary/allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken in to ac-count for admission.
7. Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree eligible for ad-mission to the course other then subjects like Economics, commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture for which PG qualification is mandatory.
a. Marks obtained by the candidates in U.G. degree course part III Major and Allied including Practical (other than Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, and sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture) Alone shall be taken in to account to arrive the per-centage of marks mentioned above.
b. Marks obtained by the candidates in PG degree (other than Economics, Commerce, Home Science Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Phi-losophy, Logic and Indian Culture) shall be considered for admission.
c. Rounding off marks to the next higher integer will not be permitted.
8. Candidates who have passed PG Degree in Economics, Commerce, Home Sci-ence, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
9. In the case of physically or visually Challenged candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough.
10. Post graduate candidates in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture with 50%(irrespective of their UG mark) of marks in PG degree or in the interdisci-plinary subjects which are being declared equivalent by the respective University can apply.
However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the Uni-versity/Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed course in force from time to time.